50% Matching Grants – Literacy for a Lifetime
Literacy for a Lifetime is a 50% matching grant program available through Usborne Books & More – a division of Educational Development Corporation (EDC). EDC is proud to have developed the Literacy for a Lifetime 50% matching grant program to support educational funding on the local level. Businesses and foundations can also partner with Educational Development Corporation to help support organizations working to increase literacy among our youth.
How It Works
Through this generous program, grant or donation monies are used to purchase your choice of Usborne books and Kane Miller titles – and then are matched with 50% in add’l Usborne books & Kane Miller titles of your choice for FREE!
• 1,800+ products to choose from
• $500 order minimum to qualify
• Free Shipping
When a school chooses to use a $7,000 grant to purchase books from Usborne Books & More through the Literacy for a Lifetime program, Educational Development Corporation will donate an additional $3,500 in Usborne books & Kane Miller books (of the school’s choice) to the school.
When a foundation, business or individual donates $10,000 in books from Usborne Books & More to a local shelter library through the Literacy for a Lifetime program, Educational Development Corporation will donate an add’l $5,000 in Usborne books & Kane Miller titles to the shelter library.
Educational Development Corporation is the leading publisher of children’s non-fiction books – Usborne books. In addition, EDC also carries award-winning books from around the world, Kane Miller books.
Changing children’s lives — one book at a time.
How to Order
Getting Free Books Under Usborne Books & More’s 50% Matching Grant Program
- First, complete the Literacy for a Lifetime Grant Info & Payment Form. This form must be included with your book order to qualify for the 50% matching grant from Usborne Books & More.
- Send in applicable payment or Purchase Order [or a Purchase Agreement in lieu of a PO] for the retail portion of your Usborne book and Kane Miller book order.
- Send us your order… the list of books you wish to order at retail and the list of books you wish to receive free with Usborne Books & More’s 50% Matching Grant. Download Book Order Form
Literacy for a Lifetime orders need to be entered as 2/3 retail and 1/3 free. You may send us the total amount of books you want and we can separate it into the retail and free categories for you. If doing this method, you will receive an invoice back with the final amount due to approve with a Purchase Agreement or to send to your accounting department to generate a Purchase Order.
Fax to: 218-742-9990
Attention: Literacy for a Lifetime
Or, mail the above information to:
Attn: Literacy for a Lifetime
8161 Peary Drive South
Eveleth, MN 55734