About Usborne Books & More
Many parents and educators highly recommend Usborne books. Usborne books and Kane Miller books have earned numerous awards and favorable book reviews.
For 45 years, Usborne publishing has produced award-winning titles that have been favorites for generations. Usborne books are produced to the highest possible standards with the utmost care and attention given at every stage of production. Usborne books have passed strict safety standards and follow ethical policies. But yet our books are very reasonably priced – 70% of our over 1,400 titles are under $10!
Usborne pioneered a completely new generation of entertaining, colorful and friendly non-fiction books. Usborne uses the latest educational research and conducts studies with children to ensure that Usborne books truly are…
“The Books Kids Love to Read!”
Usborne Books started with non-fiction books, but now we carry readers, fiction, classics “re-done”, jigsaw puzzle books, maze books, workbooks, learning wrap-ups, hands-on activity kid kits, activity card packs, wind-up books and more!
- Acid-free Paper
- Laminated Covers
- Stitched Bindings
- Durable Library Bindings
- Full-Color Illustrations
- Beautiful Photographs
The majority of our over 1400 titles are priced under $10. When books in a series are bound together, the resulting Combined Volume will be a more expensive book, but a savings over buying the books individually.
- Experts are consulted & each subject researched to ensure info is accurate.
- Each subject is presented with unusual clarity and conciseness.
- Many “hands-on” projects are presented to allow the student to “test” the concepts.
- Puzzles interspersed to develop problem-solving skills & improve comprehension.
- Our dot-to-dot series displays a number line on the bottom of page for each puzzle.
- Questions are asked to stimulate curiosity.
- The text is accompanied by full-color pictures and diagrams to help one “see”, for example, what a Viking settlement looked like or how an engine works.
Our son with his Usborne Make This Model Greek Temple. He constructed it on his own without being able to read!!
With Usborne book’s visual step-by-step instructions, projects in Usborne books can be accomplished by non-readers – giving them a sense of accomplishment and building their self-esteem.
- Step-by-step explanations of the “How’s and Why’s”.
- Cutaway illustrations so children can get the inside view.
- Double page layouts to entice the child to delve into the pictures.
- Pages filled with activity – a lot of material to explore on each topic.
- Straightforward and concise text consistently positioned below each picture.
- Usborne’s preschool books feature charming illustrations by Stephen Cartwright.
For All Ages
With over 1400 titles there is a book for everyone in every age group from 0 to 99. Though primarily a children’s line of books, Usborne books are also used in college courses and enjoyed by adults everywhere who still love to learn.
Kane Miller Books
In addition to Usborne books, we also offer Kane Miller books. For more than 25 years, Kane Miller has been publishing award-winning children’s books from around the world.
The philosophy behind Kane Miller books is to introduce children to books from other countries, cultures and communities. Librarians appreciate the unique multi-cultural aspect of Kane Miller books and the many wonderful fiction Kane Miller books for book fairs with Usborne Books & More.
Many Usborne books and Kane Miller books are also available in durable library binding – the perfect choice for libraries.
UsborneBooks.com Gives Back 5% to Charity