Many parents and educators highly recommend Usborne books. Usborne books and Kane/Miller books have earned numerous awards and favorable book reviews.
About Usborne Books
For over 30 years, Usborne publishing has produced award-winning titles that have been favorites for generations.
Usborne books are produced to the highest possible standards with the utmost care and attention given at every stage of production. Usborne books have passed strict safety standards and follow ethical policies. But yet our books are very reasonably priced - 70% of our over 1,400 titles are under $10!
Usborne pioneered a completely new generation of entertaining, colorful and friendly non-fiction books. Usborne uses the latest educational research and conducts studies with children to ensure that Usborne books truly are...
“The Books Kids Love to Read!”
Usborne's Quality & Affordability
- Acid-free Paper
- Laminated Covers
- Stitched Bindings
- Durable Library Bindings Also Available
- Abundance of Full-Color Illustrations
The majority of our over 1400 titles are priced under $10.
When books in a series are bound together, the resulting Combined Volume will be a more expensive book, but a savings over buying the books individually.
See More Money-Saving Tips
Educational Value of Usborne Books
- Experts are consulted and each subject thoroughly researched to make sure the information is accurate. Each subject is presented with unusual clarity and conciseness.
- The text is accompanied by full-color pictures and diagrams to help one "see", for example, what a Viking settlement looked like or how an engine works.
- Many "hands-on" projects are presented to allow the student to "test" the concepts.
- Puzzles are interspersed to develop problem-solving skills and improve comprehension.
- Our dot-to-dot series displays a number line on the bottom of page for each puzzle.
- Questions are asked to stimulate curiosity.
Our son with his Usborne Make This Model Greek Temple.
He constructed this by himself without being able to read!!
With Usborne Book's visual step-by-step instructions, projects in Usborne books can be accoplished by non-readers - giving them a sense of accomplishment and building their self-esteem.
Special Features of Usborne Books
- Step-by-step explanations of the "How’s and Why’s".
- Cutaway illustrations so children can get the inside view.
- Double page layouts which open so that the book is easily propped up, enticing the child to delve into the pictures.
- Pages filled with activity - a lot of material to explore on each topic.
- Straightforward text consistently positioned below each picture simplifying the reading exercise-the use of short sentences encourages the child to read.
- Many of Usborne's preschool books feature charming illustrations by Stephen Cartwright.
Interactive and Appealing to All Ages
- With over 1400 titles there is a book for everyone in every age group from 0 to 99. Though primarily a children's line of books, Usborne books are also used in college courses and enjoyed by adults everywhere who still love to learn.
- Usborne Books started with non-fiction books, but now we carry readers, fiction, classics "re-done", jigsaw puzzle books, maze books, workbooks, learning wrap-ups, hands-on activity kid kits, activity card packs, wind-up books and more!
World-Wide Acclaim of Usborne Books
- Usborne books have appeared in over 50 languages.
- Usborne books have received numerous book awards. Learning Magazine's Teachers' Choice award, Dr. Toy's 100 Best Children Products Awards, Parents' Choice Award & Approval Ratings, plus more.
And recently earned Children's Publisher of the Year 2012.
We also offer Kane Miller Books
In addition to Usborne books, we also offer Kane Miller books. For more than 25 years, Kane Miller has been publishing award-winning children’s books from around the world.
The philosophy behind Kane Miller books is to introduce children to books from other countries, cultures and communities. Librarians appreciate the unique multi-cultural aspect of Kane Miller books and the many wonderful fiction Kane Miller books for book fairs with Usborne Books & More.
Most Usborne books and Kane Miller books are available in
durable library binding – the perfect choice for libraries.
Usborne Books & More is a
member of the Direct Selling Association
Usborne Books & More
-- helping people build successful businesses
for over 25 Years!
Very First Reading Set
Peter Usborne, founder of Usborne Publishing Ltd.
See More Info
* Requires Adobe Reader
Usborne Books & More FULL CATALOG
Usborne Books & More MINI-CATALOG
Quality & Researched Books
Usborne books are the BEST in the book industry.
I am really pleased at your family's personal service to your customers. I only know you from the internet search I did a year ago and from the bio I read about you, but I feel like you do such a great job at your home business, I am a loyal customer!
Usborne Books & More Customer
...what a great idea the [Usborne] wind up books are and more importantly, how sturdy and efficient they are. I have had the train book for years... it always stayed on the tracks and provided hours of fun for the little ones who played with it.
Usborne Books & More Customer
“A must-have set of reference books for middle school that will be a valuable asset to your home library for many years!”
Re: Usborne Books' Internet Linked Reference Collection - the Science, History, Geography Encyclopedias
Mary Beth M.
Middle School Principal
“The Science Encyclopedia will make learning fun for even the most reluctant student. My students especially loved the recommended website that allowed them to construct a building and then simulate an earthquake to see how their design held up!”
Middle School Science Teacher
Purchase Jonathon James
and the Whatif Monster
Written by Michelle Nelson-Schmidt,
published by Kane/Miller Books.
Parents Should Know About Reading
“Not all readers are leaders, but all leaders are readers.”
Harry S. Truman
"For children, books can be an unending source of information about who thye are and who they can become. Together we can fill library shelves with books and children's lives with possibility."
Laura Bush - Former First Lady of the United States
"Good as it is to inherit a library, it is better to collect one."
Obiter Dicta, "Book Buying"
Purchase The Phoenix Files
The Phoenix Files series by Chris Morphew,
published by Kane/Miller Books.